This website is operated by Ainsi Hardi, a ‘Société par Actions Simplifiées’ (simplified joint stock company) incorporated in France.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France. In the case of any dispute concerning Ainsi Hardi, an amicable solution will be sought for.
Types and Uses of Cookies
There are many different types of cookies:
- Session Cookies: These cookies remain active on the user’s browser until closed.
- Persistent Cookies: A user’s browser stores these cookies for a specific amount of time before the cookies expire. These are used to perform functions such as keeping a user logged in or for web analytics purposes.
- Secure or HTTP-only Cookies: These cookies help prevent malicious cross-site attacks
Specific examples of cookies that we use include:
- measuring the number of visitors to our website and application, as well as their content;
- saving user when the user is on the website;
- tracking the browsing or analyzing user behavior. Web analytics services may be designed and operated by third parties. These cookies allows us to analyse patterns of user behaviour to enhance user experience or identify areas of the website which may require maintenance. The information is anonymous (i.e. it cannot be used to identify you and does not contain personal information such as your name and email address) and it is only used for statistical purposes;
- targeting or ‘Behavioural Advertising’ Cookies which remember that you have visited a website and use that information to provide you with content or advertising which is tailored to your interests. Without these cookies, content and advertisements you encounter may be less relevant to you and your interests. If you would like more information about Behavioural advertising, including how to opt-out of these cookies, please visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
The User may modify his/her cookie preferences at any time, by following the instructions on WikiHow and adjusting the settings on their internet browser.
Please note, that by continuing to use our Website, you consent to our cookies.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here.
In accordance with GDPR guidelines, we may be compensated by companies that we mention through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. We will always disclose affiliate links and other sponsored content. We will also always disclose if any experience that we describe in a blog post was paid for a 3rd party. Unless otherwise noted, we pay for our own trips and expenses and all our recommendations are our own.
Please note SnippetsofParis.com may be compensated if readers choose to utilize the links located throughout the content on this site and generate sales for that merchant. You are not obligated to click on any link or buy any products that are advertised.
The controller, who collects the personal data and implements the data processing operations, is Ainsi Hardi, a simplified joint stock company (société par actions simplifiée) with a share capital of 1000 €, registered with the Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés de Nanterre under the number 838 982 254.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The “Personal Information” includes both “Given Information” and “Device Information” and may be collected is as follows :
Given information includes:
- user data: the data provided by the User when subscribing by filling in the registration form (name, surname, email addresses);
- communications and exchanges on the website (surveys, comments, etc.)
- communications and exchanges on social media;
Device Information includes browsing data and refers to the data collected while the User is browsing the Website and the Applications, such as the date, time of connection and/or browsing, browser type, browser language, IP address, location data and geolocation. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. Device Information is collected using:
- “Log files”: files that track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels”: electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The data relating to the payment method (credit card number, expiry date, authorization number, security code) are collected directly by our service providers Stripe, Amazon Pay and Paypal. Ainsi Hardi does not have access to customer payment data.
Third-party providers of applications, tools, gadgets and plug-ins on our Website, as well as the networks on which we publish editorial and promotional content (such as Mailerlite, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram) may also use automated, context-based and interest related means to collect user data (interactions with functions and profiling of the online activity). This data is collected directly by such providers and/or third parties and is subject to their policies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Ainsi Hardi is not responsible for the practices of such service providers and third parties.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3. PURPOSES OF THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Data is collected by SnippetsofParis.com and its processing partners to provide products and services as described below:
|Data Used||Purpose||Legal bases for treatment|
|Device information||Personal data (cookies) is used to update, enhance our Website and fight against Internet fraud||
Fulfilment of the agreement by and between the user and the website.
Compliance to legal obligations.
Operating, assessing and improving products and services as well as user experience (including developing new products and services, analyzing the customer base; performing data analysis), profiling.
Personal data, including purchasing information, is also used to manage participation in various special events (such as contests, games, random draws, offers), as well as the loyalty program. (opt-in by User.)
Fulfilment of the agreement by and between the user and the website.
Legitimate interest in order to propose products and services adapted to the needs of users.
|Statistical personal data||Personal data is used to assess and improve products and services, and to improve user experience, through statistical operations and analysis of anonymous user behavior, and the measurement of website traffic.||Legitimate interest in order to propose products and services adapted to the needs of user.|
|Email addresses||Newsletters and special offers subject to the user checking the relevant box indicating his/her acceptance, when registering for the Services||Legitimate interest in order to propose products and services adapted to the needs of users and consent (opt-in)|
Users may edit their personal data and withdraw their consent at any time by unsubscribing and contacting us. Please refrain from submitting content that you do not want to be revealed publicly.
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal data collected is transmitted to Ainsi Hardi’s service providers, who may process it on behalf of Ainsi Hardi (processors) and/or on their own behalf (recipients of the data).
The recipients of the data include :
- WordPress and its partners to power our online store (https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/).
- Any police or administrative authority to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Customs authorities and service providers in the event of delivery abroad.
In addition Ainsi Hardi’s partners and processors may have access to data collected for the purpose of:
- improving the content of websites
- technical maintenance and development of the Website, and internal applications, including entities that perform orders and provide web hosting, information storage, email service providers, as well as analysis services, and tag management.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-adsAdditionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
6. PERSONAL DATA – USER RIGHTS AND TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EU
If Ainsi Hardi detects a violation of personal data likely to create a significant risk to the rights and freedoms of its users, it undertakes to inform the relevant users in the shortest possible time.
if you are a European resident pleaease note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. In certain instances, your information will be transferred outside of Europe to Ainsi Hardi’s service providers based outside of Europe, in order to fulfill those contracts, including to Canada and the United States.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Users must enclose proof of identity with their application.
7. DATA RETENTION
When you visit our website, we will maintain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Personal Information will not be retained beyond the period strictly necessary for the purposes set out herein and in accordance with applicable regulations and laws. Nevertheless, the data may be archived beyond the specified periods for the purposes of investigating, establishing and prosecuting criminal offences for the sole purpose of making the data available to the judicial authority, where necessary.
Archiving implies that this data will be anonymized and will no longer be available online but will be extracted and stored on an autonomous and secure medium.
8. SECURITY MEASURES FOR THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
In its capacity as data controller, Ainsi Hardi undertakes to take all necessary measures to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data and, in particular, to prevent it from being altered, distorted or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
9. SOCIAL NETWORKS
Registering and/or subscribing via 3rd party sites
You may subscribe directly to our Site, or through a social networking service (eg, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or other third party services that let you use your existing credentials with those services). If you register with a social networking service (“SNS”) or later link your account to one, we will collect certain information about you from that SNS (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS), depending on your privacy settings with that SNS. The Service may also allow you to “like” or share content with those SNSs.
Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service, and Ainsi Hardi is not responsible for it.
Content on Social Media Sites
The Ainsi Hardi Service also may permit additional interactions between it and a third party website, service, or other content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party SNS. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Service with a third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Service (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with third parties through an SNS or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties, for which Ainsi Hardi has no access or responsibility.
In addition, users are informed that the content published on these social networks may be viewed by any third party, and that greater vigilance is required from users when they provide certain personal data on these sites or applications such as financial data, addresses or any sensitive data. Ainsi Hardi is in no case liable for any damage caused by third parties as a result of or resulting from the publication of their personal data by users.
You represent that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the SNS, and without obligating Ainsi Hardi to pay any fees or making Ainsi Hardi subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your Ainsi Hardi account and your SNS account at any time though the “Settings” section of our Service. Please note that your relationship with any SNS is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your Ainsi Hardi account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
10. LINKS TO PARTNER AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
Links on the website SnippetsofParis.com may include affiliate links, social network sites like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or others, platforms or apps, including retailers and advertisers. However, please be aware that SnippetsofParis.com and Ainsi Hardi are not responsible for and cannot control the terms of service or privacy policies of such other third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the our website, and to read the applicable agreements and privacy policies for each and every website you visit.
Limitation of Responsablility
Ainsi Hardi is not responsible for and makes no representations or warranties regarding third party websites, including without limitation, the content, accuracy, opinions, functionality, or services provided. Inclusion of any links on our website does not imply our approval or endorsement. If you decide to access any third party link, then you do so at your own risk.
Ainsi Hardi is not responsible for the processing of personal data by these third party websites. Users should consult the relevant personal data protection policies.
12. CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, please contact our data protection officer by e‑mail at Contact Us.