Resources: Exploring France
For tips and recommendations in Paris, please see below. For the other regions in France, please have a look at the following Section Guides:
- Alsace Lorraine
- Brittany and Normandy
- Loire Valley
- Auvergne Rhône-Alpes
- Northern France
- Provence and the French Riviera
☞ READ MORE: French travel phrases you need for a trip to France
Favorite Things to do in Paris
I have a Bucket List of things to do in Paris, but here are my favorites that I would highly recommend you book in advance (space is limited!). France is the most visited country in the world, and in the summertime, Paris is buzzing with tourists.
It can be very difficult to get tickets, and queues are long. I recommend heading early to the big sights so that you don’t miss out.
You can read more about the top things to do in Paris here, and there is a free printable at the bottom to take with you on your travels.
Paris Hotel Recommendations
You may want to read my detailed guide on each arrondissement in Paris and where to stay. Or if you are in a hurry, here are my favorite places to stay in Paris.
- Hotel De Suez (near Notre Dame Cathedral in the Latin Quarter)
- Hotel Opera Maintenon (near Opera Garnier and the shops at Galerie Lafayette)
- Hotel du College de France (near Notre Dame Cathedral in the Latin Quarter)
- Hôtel Marais Hôme (near the Marais and Place de la République)
- Hotel Le Notre Dame Saint Michel (near Notre Dame Cathedral in the Latin Quarter)
- Korner Opera Hotel (near the bustling neighborhood of Opera, Grand Boulevard and the shops at Galerie Lafayette)
- Saint James Albany Hotel & Spa (near the Louvre Museum in the heart of Paris)
- Hotel Le Marianne (near the Avenue des Champs Elysées)
- Hotel Le Littré (in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Latin Quarter)
- Hotel de Crillon (near Concorde and the American Embassy)
- Le Meurice – Dorchester Collection (near Tuileries and the Louvre Museum)
- Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris (near the Champs Elysées)
Favorite Day trips from Paris
Browse through my full list of the best day trips from Paris, but if you would like the short version, I would these are my “must-dos”: