This recipe includes
|Chicken thighs or drumsticks
|Dried Parsley leaves
|Dried basil herb
|Smoked paprika powder
|Red chilli powder
|(Optional) Cayenne pepper
|Salt and pepper
Why we love it
Chicken is the ultimate in comfort food, but plain chicken can get boring at times. This delicious poulet aux épices adds a ton of herbs and spices a traditional oven-baked chicken to make a savory dish that everyone will love.
Now, I’m using chicken thighs here but you can use any drumsticks or any boneless chicken as you wish. It is a lean and healthy meat dish, with plenty of protein.
Flavorsome enough for a dinner with friends and family, it is also great for a weeknight meal when you’re in a rush.
What to serve with it?
What drinks to serve with it?
How to store it?
This savory roasted chicken can easily be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge for a few days. Let it cool, and then place in an airtight glass container so that it doesn’t dry out.
If you want to freeze it, I recommend doing so before the chicken is cooked. Place the marinade and the chicken drumsticks in a large freezer bag, and lay the drumsticks flat in the freezer (not lying on top of each other).
Savory Roasted Chicken
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices together.
- Add the chicken thighs into the bowl and rub each one generously with the spice mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow it to marinate.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven for 400°F (200°C)
- Place the chicken in a cooking tray and cook for 35 minutes, flipping the chicken over every 10 minutes or until the chicken looks golden brown and cooked.
- Serve while warm, with a slice of lemon.
Please note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic French recipes that are easy to prepare. Bon appétit and à bientôt !