This Recipe uses:
- Pork chops
- Fresh mushrooms (white mushrooms, cremini, button, etc.)
- Garlic powder
- (Optional) Cayenne pepper
If there is one dish that most people can agree on, it is likely the côtes de porc. Delicious pork chops infused with herbs and cooked in garlic and mushrooms, this is one savory dish with plenty of protein and flavor.
It is the juices of the pork and the mushrooms that come together while cooking to make the sauce. Fast and easy, this is one dish that will easily impress your friends and family.
Frequently asked questions
What to serve with it?
Pork chops in garlic mushroom sauce goes quite well with plain white rice or quinoa. You can also serve it with mashed or au gratin potatoes, steamed broccoli, roasted carrots, etc.
What drinks to serve with it?
For drinks, these pork chops go quite well with a young red wine like a Graves from Bordeaux, or a Médoc. You can also try a red Brouilly wine from Beaujolais. You can read more about French wines here.
Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, the pork chops can be prepared in advance, at least a few hours. Let it cool, and then place in an airtight glass container in the fridge.
I don’t recommend keeping the mushrooms for more than a few hours however, they will likely absorb moisture and not taste as good.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 6-8 oz each
- 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms (white, cremini, etc)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) degrees.
- Combine the garlic powder, lemon juice, paprika, salt, pepper, and basil, in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Brush the garlic mixture over both sides of the pork chops.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the pork chops look slightly brown.
- Chop the mushrooms and the parsley.
- Take out of the oven and add the chopped mushrooms and parsley into the same tray.
- Toss the mushrooms lightly so that the sauces from the pork cover the mushrooms.
- Place back in the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork looks done. (This will depend on the thickness of the pork chops.)
- Take out of the oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 24g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic French recipes that are easy to prepare. Bon appétit and à bientôt !