This Recipe includes
|Pork loin (approx. 2 pounds in weight)|
Spices, herbs and flavoring ingredients:
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
When your preparing dinner for family and friends, it is hard to go wrong with a good pork loin roast. It is a lean meat that is versatile enough for any occasion and always delicious.
And with this classic French-style recipe with a touch of dijon mustard, the pork loin roast easily kicks it up a notch. Called Rôti de porc de Dijon, it is dish that is often served on occasions like a long lazy Sunday lunch, with all your friends and family gathered around.
It also goes well for occasions like a Friday dinner party, or even Christmas or New Years’. And if you want to enjoy on a regular weeknight, why the heck not!? The pork loin roast recipe is so easy, it may even make it into your regular weekly rotation.
The key to the recipe is not rush it, but to let the pork loin cook slowly in its marinade and juices so that it comes out crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside.
What to serve with it?
This delicious French-style pork loin roast can be served with a side dish like this cheesy cauliflower gratin or these lyonnaise potatoes.
For starters, consider this tomato bruschetta or these scallops in pesto.
What drinks to serve with it?
For drinks, this pork loin roast goes quite well with a young local red wine like a red Brouilly wine from Beaujolais which is grown near Dijon.
Another option is a wine like a Graves from Bordeaux, or a Médoc. You can read more about French wines here.
How to store it?
This pork loin roast keeps quite well in the fridge, and can be served warm or cold. Let it cool, and then place in an airtight glass container in the fridge, so that the pork roast doesn’t dry out.
- Lamb roast with garlic and rosemary
- Beef roast with gravy
- Pork chops in garlic mushroom sauce
- Savory roasted chicken thighs
French Pork loin roast (with mustard)
A delicious French-style pork loin made easily in the oven that makes a wonderful dinner for any occasion.
- 1 pork loin (approx. 2 pounds in weight)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices together along with the olive oil.
- Rub the pork loin generously with the spice mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow it to marinate.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven for 400°F (200°C).
- Place the pork loin in a baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes, occasionally turning the pork loin roast.
- Remove the pork loin roast from the oven and cover the dish with tin foil or a lid to let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic French recipes that are easy to prepare. Bon appétit and à bientôt !