Croque Monsieur or Madame | A Very French Dilemma
If you are looking for classic French food,
If you don’t have a French restaurant nearby, no fear, you can make it at home.
Recipe For a
Croque Monsieur sandwich:
- Take 2 bread slices and liberally butter one side of each.
- Place a cheese slice (gruyère or emmental) on each piece of bread, on the buttered side.
- Add a piece of ham on top of the cheese.
- Close the sandwich.
- In a bowl, mix grated cheddar (or gruyère) with milk, salt, and pepper. Add paprika, chives, or nutmeg for extra flavor.
- Apply the mixture to the top of the sandwich and grill for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with salad.
For the Croque Madame, do the same as above, and then top off the sandwich with a fried egg or omelet.
The French way to eat a
Now, although the Croque Monsieur and
And it’s that simple. Bon appétit!