If you are looking for a quick and easy french appetizer, smoked salmon canapés certainly fit the bill. You can put them together in around 10 minutes, and they will immediately add a touch of elegance to your party.
The trickiest part of the smoked salmon canapé is getting the blinis warm enough to serve, without melting the cream cheese and cooking the salmon.
As an alternative to blinis, you can all use small squares of rye bread, or sliced cucumbers as a base.
☞ RELATED POST: 15 Easy French Appetizers & Hors d’Oeuvres
- 16 Blinis
- 1 tub of fromage blanc or cream cheese
- 5-6 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Arrange the blinis on a microwavable plate and microwave for 40 seconds.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a portion of cream cheese and place it on each blini.
- Sprinkle a bit of fresh pepper onto each blini on top of the cream cheese.
- Cut the smoked salmon into small pieces.
- Place the small ribbons of smoked salmon onto each blini, on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle each canapé with a little bit of lemon juice.
- Microwave the blinis again for 30 seconds, and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 305mgSodium: 3080mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 45g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for informational purposes only.
What drinks to serve with Smoked Salmon Canapés?
Champagne or a Kir is lovely with these canapés. See here for a full list of French apéritifs.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other easy French recipes that are classic and easy to prepare. Bon appétit and à bientôt !