This Recipe includes
|Fine granulated sugar|
Why we love it
For a light and airy dessert, you cannot go wrong with a mousse. From the French verb émousser meaning “make less blunt”. With its frothy texture, this easy strawberry mousse recipe will appeal to the young and old alike.
Now, there are all types of flavors of mousse you can make, almost any type of fruit will do. And for non-fruit lovers, chocolate mousse as well is a classic.
Can you freeze the mousse?
I wouldn’t recommend it because it will lose its texture and its aroma. In addition, because the egg whites are uncooked, it will risk turning.
Strawberry Mousse Recipe
- 200 g of strawberries
- 10 cl of heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of fine granulated sugar
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Using a food processor, blend the strawberries and sugar until you get a fine, smooth and homogeneous fruit puree.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggwhites.
- Add the heavy cream and strawberry mixture to the bowl with the eggwhites and blend.
- Scoop the mixture into glass cups, and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Serve at cool temperature.
☞ READ MORE: 10 Easy French Snacks for every day
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic French recipes that are easy to prepare. Bon appétit and à bientôt !