This Recipe includes
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Eggplant is one of those vegetables that is often overlooked in grocery stores. But its meaty texture and versatility makes it a great addition to any meal.
Now, while it can be added to a recipe like this stew-like bohemian aubergine, in this recipe I’ve decided to just apply a spice rub and roast it.
Basically, you want to cut the eggplant into 2-3 cm carré cubes, not too small and not too large, enough to pierce with a fork and bite into directly.
Adding a variety of herbs and spices, you then have a roasted eggplant dish that is crispy on the outside while still chewy and tender on the inside. P.S. if you enjoy spicy food, don’t hesitate to add a touch of cayenne pepper to the mix!
What to serve with it?
This roasted eggplant is a very versatile and delicious side dish that you can easily serve with any sort of roasted meat or chicken.
You can also serve it along side a stew like this chicken blanquette or this cassoulet recipe.
What drinks to serve with it?
Eggplant goes well with white wine, so try a chilled white wine from Bordeaux like Graves, or a pouilly fumé from the Loire.
If you don’t like white wine, try a red Beaujolais Village from Beaujolais. You can read more about French wines here.
How to store it?
Eggplant tends to retain water inside and get soft, so I found that it is best to serve it right after cooking. If you do decide to prepare it in advance, leave it on the countertop at room temperature instead of putting it in the fridge (up to 2-3 hours).
When ready to eat, just put them back in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for 10-15 minutes to make them crispy again.
- Bohemian aubergines (eggplant)
- Stuffed zucchini boats with cheese
- French zucchini flan
- Cheesy cauliflower gratin
Oven-roasted eggplant cubes
An easy recipe to make delicious eggplant cubes with garlic and parsley in the oven quickly.
- 2-3 medium-size eggplants
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the eggplants into small cubes. (You can leave the eggplant skins on.)
- Lay the eggplant cubes out on a kitchen towel or on paper towels and pat them dry.
- Place them in a bowl and add the oil and spices. Then preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Mix around so that the cubes are fully coated.
- Place the eggplant cubes in a deep baking tray and place in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Check the oven to see if they are roasted enough for you, or cook them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 11gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic French side-dish recipes that are easy to prepare. Bon appétit and à bientôt !